Wednesday, April 01, 2009

a few new paintings

Thousand lashes with a wet noodle, i have been neglecting my blog!
I have done a few paintings over the last week, first a very small 4"x6" painting out of my head

Rivers Edge 4"x6" pastel


Next is a boat on the bay at sunset, not sure about this one, maybe its to dark or just to boring...

Boat on the bay 9"x12" pastel


This last is based on a Marsh in Cape Cod, Ma. I embellished a bit because it was really very boring

Cape Marsh 9"x12" pastel



Today I am off to hang paintings for a local show i am in ( http://laureltonart.com/Festival_in_Art_2009.pdf ) and tomorrow one of my paintings is getting picked up for the Art Of Goodness art auction that I donated it for.

Anyway, off to hang paintings, thanks for looking!

2 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi Joan,

This set features some really nice paintings.
My favourite is the second one.

Kind regards,

José

visioneerwindows said...

"Cape Marsh" - love the perspective on this one... and the heron does great counterpoint to the lighthouse...