Wednesday, January 21, 2009

possible piece for an upcoming show

I have been working on a piece that I am going to try entering into a local show. The theme is Americana, ironic or iconic, it has to be done in oils so I figured I could whip something up. I decided to redo a painting I have done before, since it was the most interesting flag reference I have. I did a more wide angle view and grabbed part of the sky from a different photo from the same shoot in hopes to add more interest. It isnt finsihed yet, but hope to finish it tomorrow. Submission is due by Friday, so I figure i will know in a few days if it is excepted since the drop off for the show is a week later. SO anyway, here are the WIPs so far. Tomorrow I will post the finished piece.



2 comments:

Sue Choppers-Wife said...

Hey Joni, good progress so far! Good luck with the show :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! I really need to get off the computer and get busy finishing it up, submission is due tomorrow!